- The TN788B Multimedia Voice Conditioner circuit pack is used in conjunction with the TN787F/G multimedia interface circuit pack to provide service circuit functionality for the MMCH feature. This feature provides both voice and multimedia data service between multimedia complexes (endpoints).
- Note: The TN788B vintage is µ-Law only. The TN788B vintage 2 or later is A-Law and µ-Law.
- The TN788B is the audio processor for the Px64 multimedia conference bridge.
- The TN788B contains 8 digital signal processors; 4 for encoding and 4 for decoding. Each encoder/decoder pair is assigned to a Px64 endpoint to process its audio channel.
- Connection to and from the endpoint's audio is by way of a TN787F/G multimedia interface port. This connection is through the TDM bus timeslots.
- Each of the 8 digital signal processors communicate with the main on-board processor through 8 individual Dual Port Random Access Memory (DPRAMs).
- No Read Only Memory (ROM) is available on this circuit pack; the DPRAM is used for program download.
Avaya Lucent Definity ECS R8.2 System Description.pdf