- Provides 4 RS-423 physical ports for X.25 protocol interfaces between the system and adjuncts
- Functions as the data communications interface unit providing protocol conversion between the X.25 protocol and the mode 3 protocol carried across the LAN bus
- X.25 protocol (Levels 1 and 2) is terminated and the data reformatted into the ISDN packet mode protocol for transport across the LAN bus.
- Supported adjuncts include Audix, CMS, and Message Server Adjunct (MSA)
- Supports the Distributed Communications System (DCS) environment by providing X.25 signaling through 1 of the RS-423 physical ports, or back through the system using the TDM Bus to appropriate DS1 or tie trunk circuit pack
Avaya Lucent Definity G3 System Description and Specs.pdf