About server port connections
- The following section explains how to connect the Ethernet ports on the back of the server.
- One or more of the ethernet ports on the server cable adapter are used to support S8400configuration.
- For control and adjunct connectivity, the S8400 Server supports the internal Processor Ethernet (PE) or separate C-LAN.
- Messaging and administration use the customer link. If LAN connectivity is required for administration only, PE is not required.
Server cable adapter
- The server cable adapter is mounted on the rear of the TN8400 Server circuit pack
- (Figure 1: Server cable adapter). The server cable adapter provides the connection between the backplane pins and the RJ-45 connectors for:
Integrates with S8400 series running Avaya Communication Manager software.
Installing and Configuring the Avaya S8400 Server.pdf